Thursday, September 23, 2010

My Top 10 Favorite Fitness Helps

I'm almost done with my first week of a new healthy lifestyle, and I've found that I depend on certain favorite things to help me make it through without going completely crazy.  I thought I'd share 10 of my favorites (in the order they popped into my head):

1.  Raw Almonds- I keep these in my purse, my car, and my pantry.  They are delicious and they really help to stave off hunger.

2.  Celestial Seasoning's Sleepytime Tea-I love to have a cup of tea before bed, and it's good for me too!


3.  South Beach Living Protein Fit Bars-These are so sweet,  but unlike other "desserts" they are high in protein---not just a bunch of empty calories!


4.  Jillian Michaels Banish Fat Boost Metabolism workout dvd-I love this because I hate it----does that make sense?  You will sweat and heave and think you're about to die, but when you finish you will feel as fit as Jillian herself.  No nonsense approach!



5.  Physique 57 Classic 57 Minute Workout- I love this workout (so does Kelly Rippa).  It literally lifts you butt and cuts muscles into your thighs.  It is fun and the approach is refreshing.  If you get this workout, you will also need a playground ball.  They sell them, but it's cheaper to get it from Target.


6.  Greek Yogurt- I love the taste, and it is high in protein to keep me full.  I like to put a bit of granola on top for extra crunch.


7.  Foreman Grill- Quick and easy.  I love to grill chicken in this because it comes out so tender and juicy.  I also use this a lot when I am cooking a frozen turkey burger.


8.  Fresh Spinach- It's SO good for you, and it's also versatile.  For breakfast, I put it in my omelet.  For lunch, it's in a salad.  For dinner, sometimes I saute it as a side dish.  I usually buy the one pound container pictured and it lasts me all week. 


9.  Smart Pop Mini Bag Popcorn -I LOVE popcorn.  I have a bag almost every night while I catch up on the dvr.  I know that's bad to eat in front of the TV, but.....................I don't care!  :)



10.  Cooler - When I'm going to be away from home for a long time, I try to fill a cooler with lunch, snacks, etc. so I don't end up at a drive through.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment