Friday, October 22, 2010

Gentle Strength

My Grandma was gentle strength.

She was a sweet song softly singing peace to the hearts of little grandchildren.

She was practical creativity as she rubber bands bread bags to dry sneakers on a wet, muddy day.

She was delicate grace in her matching knit suit for Sunday services.

She was youthful exhuberance sitting in her den in her ball cap rooting for the Detroit Tigers.

She was the picture of love both given and longed for.

She was strength in weakness.

She loved one man with an intensity so strong it will burn bright enough to warm all those around her for generations to come.

She was wisdom and kindness and gentleness and weakness and love and loss and life and trust and hope for the future.

She was my Grandma.  My friend.  My hero.

My best memories of my childhood always include her.

She was 93 years of life and all the wisdom that comes with it.

She is complete now in Heaven sitting at her Bride Groom's feet.

In loving memory of my Grandma Gertrude Mizener who passed away suddenly, yet peacefully on October 19th, 2010. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh Kate I am so sorry for your loss. It is never easy to lose a loved one as i have lost both of my parents in the last 18months, but I stand on the fact that I will see them again in heaven and i know that they are healed and whole again, together with the Bridegroom. May you rest in the peace and comfort that only God himself can provide...Hugs to you my friend, Kellie Poehner(mavin)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry Kate. What a beautiful way to remember her. I hope today is a special celebration of her life.

    ReplyDelete